Thursday, July 12, 2007

Govt Affairs / Develeopment

Title: Donate to Charlie Brown and 15% will go to Lake Tahoe victims
Calitics (293 links)
D-Day (133 links)
Turn Tahoe Blue (34 links)
Last night I received a fundraising email from the Charlie Brown for Congress campaign stating that 15% of online donations will go to the Sacramento - Sierra Red Cross to help the victims of the Angora fire in South Lake Tahoe (which is in California's 4th congressional district). Now, for those of you who don't know it, Charlie Brown has done something similar before. At the end of the previous fundraising quarter in March he pledged to give 10% of contributions to local veteran aide groups. The donations were distributed to the Sacramento Stand Down, Nevada County Stand Down, and Sierra College Veterans Club in mid April.

2 comments:

Swimman2464 said...

Hi Wendy,

I wasn't really sure where to put this or how to get a hold of you. I wanted to say thank you for posting on my blog the other day about the Saw Blood Drive. The blog is actually for a senior class at Ithaca College called Audience Research. Up until two weeks ago, I had not idea what a blog was, so you could imagine my excitement when I was the first kid in class to have someone post a comment on their blog (we threw everything up on the big screen, I was a superstar). But anyways, thanks for clearing up some of the stuff about Saw III. I was actually wondering though, because you said they fixed the problem, why the symbol doesn't show up on the Saw IV posters? I was also was wondering if you had a list of locations the blood drive will be going on so I can post it on my blog.

Thanks Again,
Casey

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.